Have You Been Viciously Attacked?
Dog attacks are scary, and their bites can be serious. If you’ve been bitten, you likely know you need to get away, but do you know what else you should do?
What To Do After A Dog Bite
The Law Offices of Brian R. Whitehead, PC, focuses on Oregon’s victims of accidents and negligence, and we can offer guidance that will both prioritize your health and medical care, and protect any potential case for liability on the part of the dog’s owner.
- Seek medical care immediately. This would probably be your first step no matter what, but it is important to get medical care, whether that means calling 911 for an ambulance or going to urgent care, or making an appointment as soon as possible to see your general practitioner.
- Call the police. This is another step that is important to take as soon as possible. You need the police to record what happened, as that is an important piece of evidence in any dog bite case.
- Get the owner’s information. If possible, take a photo of their driver’s license.
- Take photos of your injury. This can be on your phone.
- Keep any and all appointments. Medical appointments and those with the police are crucial to keep: If you miss them, it could damage your case.
These are the main steps anyone should take, but it is important to speak with a lawyer to ensure that you do not miss anything in your specific situation.
An Attorney Can Help You Recover Compensation
The feeling of being out of control and unsafe after being attacked is stressful, overwhelming and horrible. You deserve compensation to cover your medical bills, as well as your pain and suffering. Call our Salem office at 503-967-8233, or send us a message through our online contact form, and get in touch for a free consultation today.